Re: [DL] Must have books.

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 12:48  PM, mAd HaTtEr wrote:

> Howdy all. I was wondering what sourcebooks should good Marshals own &
> read if they want to run an enjoyable campaign, even if the books are
> pre-revised. Do the revised rules make any of these sourcebooks
> obsolete? Here's the list to choose from:

When i ran other than in the comfort of my own home, I propritized books
since I had limited bag-space...

> Book o the Dead
> Smith & Robards
2nd Tier (see below)

> Hucksters & Hexes
3rd Tier

> Rascals, Varmints
3rd Tier to 2nd Tier

> The Great Maze
3rd Tier

> Ghostdancers
> Fire & Brimstone
2nd Tier

> City o Gloom
3rd Tier

> Tales o terror 1877
Unknown

> Lost Angels
3rd Tier

> River o Blood
3rd Tier

> Boomtowns
4th Tier

> Lawdogs
2nd Tier

> Doomtown
> Back East North
> Back East South
> South o the border
3rd Tier

> Canyon o Doom
Unknown

> Rascels II
2nd Tier

> The Agency
2nd Tier

> Hexarcana
1st Tier

> The Collegium
2nd Tier

> Black Circle
2nd Tier

> Lone Stars
Unknown

And here's the rating system:

1st Tier: Core, or might as well be. The current player's and marshall's
guides go here, as well as The quick and the Dead.

2nd Tier: Nice to have, but... Within the group, there were prioritized
by characters I had or expected to be adding, and abilities for monsters
and such.

3rd Tier: As-needed only. Unless the posse was in, for example, the
Great Maze, I considered this book (and the accompanying maps and other
stuff) to be dead weight...

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)