Re: [DL] Land

From: "Dom Gallegos" <stylenz@hotmail.com>
> Question for the group:
> Some of my posse are interested in purchasing land or a house. I have no
> idea where to begin with this. I know it all depends on the location n such,
> but anybody help me out here?
> How much would a basic house cost, say in the city/ranch?
> How much does land go for? That one is probably too vast because of all the
> variables, but any help would be cool.

Here's what I found in "The Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in the Wild West":
(ISBN: 0-89879-870-1)

1867: City lots sell for $400 to $1,200 in Cheyenne, Wyoming Territory

1870: Farm lands in the vicinity of Fort Scott, Kansas, may be bought for from $12 to $20 per acre. Unimproved lands within twelve miles, may be bought for from $3 to $7 per acre.

1870: Land involved in the development of Greeley, Colorado Territory, sells for $1 per acre.

1873: Nebraska - Improved farm lands are selling from $10 to $30 per acre, and unimproved from $4 to $10.

1874: Land cost $20 to $80 per acre in Sutter County, California.

Hope it helps.

Derek D. Bass
Etheric Musings - The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://www.steamenginechaos.com/mage/ether.htm
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup