Re: [DL] mad science d20 question

> the mad science skill is apparently related to making weird
> gizmos. but to
> build a gizmo u make a knowledge check to make a blueprint
> and tinkering
> check to construct the device. so where does the mad science
> skill fit in?

Sorry for the delay in this reply - but I'm playing catch up with my
email.

I'm not a D20'er, however I do have the Deadlands D20 book and the Mad
Science skill does seem to get lost somewhere in the rules.

The rules in the two systems (classic and D20) are actually quite
similar, except that in devising the blueprint the D20 system uses a
knowledge skill and in the classic system a Mad Science skill is used
instead.  From this I would make the following modifications to bring
the Mad Science aptitude back into the D20 game:

"The mad scientist must now make a Mad Science skill roll against a DC
of 5 if he has the type of science most appropriate  for the theory
behind his invention.  If the scientist does not have a science skill
directly related to the design task, the base DC is raised to 10."

The rest of the design of the blueprint and the tinkerin' rules would
be as written.

Just my take on it.

Cheers

Roy