Re: [DL] 1st Ed Rules, Q&D and Ghost Dancers

> Hello,
>
> in my Group we are playing whit the 1st Ed Rules whit a
> couple of changes to get those loooooong combats a bit faster
> but besides that we use most of the stuff as written. While i
> own Q&D for some time now and we also use the rule changes
> presentet there i just got myself a copy of Ghost Dancers for
> our local Shaman. Thats where the confusion starts. Q&D
> (which is supposed to be older then GD) states in the errata
> that shamans just have to learn one aptitute called Rituals
> and can learn the specific rituals for 3 BP each (like a
> concentration). Now GD states that each ritual is a single
> aptitute and has to be learned independent of other rituals,
> and that you start whit highest ritual level plus guardian
> spirit level in favors. So did they changed the rules in GD
> again to the original rules and the rules as presentet in GD
> (which where supposed to make things a bit easyer for
> shamans) are not used anymore?
>
> Now i got confused myself. I hope someone understands what i
> want to ask and can help me
>
> regards
>         Patrick

I think there is some confusion here between first edition rules (Q&D
and Ghost Dancers) and the revised edition rules.  In first edition
rules both Ghost Dancers and Quick and the Dead agree that each ritual
is a seperate aptitude and has to be learned independent of other
rituals.

The revised edition changed this to a shaman having one aptitude called
rituals and can learn the specific rituals for 3BP each.  The errata
for the Q&D is probably just trying to help anyone upgrading from first
edition rules to the revised rules (can I check what errata you are
referring to for the Q&D?)

All information from the 1st edition Deadlands RPG book and the Quick
and the Dead books were revised and updated and split into the
Deadlands: Players Book and the Deadlands: Mashal's Book.

Hope this explains the difference.

Cheers

Roy