Re: [DL] State of the Industry

In a message dated 10/6/2002 6:05:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, fate@jyhad.net writes:

Shane,

I'm curious - do you think that the industry will move towards more "independant" oriented system offerings than before?  For example, will newer non-D20 RPGs move up in the market to fill the gaps in the dying D20 glut, or will the RPG industry as a whole recess a bit after the glut is over?

- Eddy

Check my message again. You'll see I answered this already. The top five or so D20 publishers will continue to do well with it, the middle tier will move off to do their own OGL/d20 games and of those, the best settings will thrive, the rest will die. The rest of us will move away from it.

Shane