[DL] Weird Trails

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned here - if it was, apologies
for the repetition.

Was in my local games shop at the weekend and I noticed a book of short
stories called "Weird Trails" slotted close by the Deadlands
section.  Being slightly flush at that moment in time, and eventhough I
didn't recognise any of the authors mentioned on the back cover, I
bought it.  Inside I was pleasantly surprised to find Clay and Susan
Griffith as authors of one of the stories.  I've just finished the
"North-West-Monster-Police" and I must say that it is a
cracking piece, some nice twists and turns - especially the ending.
It's given me a different slant on the NWMP as opposed to the Agency
and the TR, one which I'll play out in my game if my posse ever go
north.

Anyway was just wondering -

1) Why on earth your names weren't on the back of the book to sell it?

2) Is there any coincidence between the writing of a story about the
North West Mounted Police and the recent release of Great Weird North?

Cheers

Roy