Re: [DL] Off topic question [Savage Worlds plug]

--- Tony Love <cryiron@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Well it's the way that I usually end up doing it lately. Too many games
> and
> too little time.
>
> Tony

What a great lead in to a Savage Worlds plug. If you're a fan of Shane
Hensley's work, or if you are in the same situation that Tony and I are in
-- the too many games, too little time situation, that is -- you owe it to
yourselves to check out this game.

Go to the Pinnacle Web Site. Download the test drive rules. You may not
appreciate the speed at first, but spend a little time with it and you
will.

I created a world. An interesting, thought-out, probably very playable
world. I wrote up some key in-game stats. I've done this before for other
games. It takes forever. It took about an hour in Savage Worlds. Maybe an
hour and a half after I went back and tweaked things.

I wrote an adventure, 30 minutes.

We play big fights with 25+ figures, 20 - 30 minutes each.

It promises Fast! Furious! Fun! and to reduce the GM's work, and it
delivers all around. And the full game isn't even here, yet.

(But don't stop playing Deadlands. It's such a great system.)

Jason