Re: [DL] OTish: True ghost story for Halloween

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sitting Duck" <sittingduck_1313@yahoo.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 11:46 AM
Subject: [DL] OTish: True ghost story for Halloween

> This happened a while back at Colonial Williamsburg.
> It seems that some of the women that worked there (the
> ones that wear period costumes) were to attend a
> seminar being held at a local historic church in the
> morning. So they arrived on schedule wearing their
> work clothes as well as some hooded cloaks as it was
> damp and foggy that morning, but the seminar guy was
> late. After some waiting, they here a car coming up,
> so they figure it's him and go greet him. But instead,
> it's a tourist from New Jersey. So when he sees these
> hooded figures in 18th century garb coming out of a
> foggy graveyard, he immediately hits the accellerator,
> crashes into a tree and, not getting out to check the
> damage, backs up and zooms off into the wild blue yonder.

Having worked there myself, I can most definitely believe it, even though I
can't confirm the actual incident.  Of course, the fact that the tourist was
driving of Duke of Gloster street, a street which is CLOSED TO VEHICLE
TRAFFIC, also shows the typical lack of thinking that led to this in the
first place...