[DL] Night Train d20 (Spoilers and Tinhorn Questions)

Howdy,

There's stuff below that just ain't for players.

Spoiler space.

After flipping through Night Train this evening, I
tried to visualize how my hypothetical d20 posse would
handle the nosferatu threat. Guns a blazin', with the
Lord's mercy, and not much trouble was my conclusion.
The d20 stats for the vamps have save DCs low enough
that no one should worry about an energy drain or
stench. Yeah, I could just pump them up a bit. Not
knowing the original system though, how often were
those attacks meant to be successful?

Also, do normal weapons have any effect when not aimed
at a bit of undead that isn't its weak point? I'm
thinking that it would just be dramatic flair without
a loss of HP, but that seems... weird. Has the HP
system corrupted me?

Zach.