Re: [DL] Night Train d20 (Spoilers and Tinhorn Questions)

> The energy drain - I can't remember what the mechanics were for Deadlands
> flagship were, but for D20 I'd either go with a coup-de-grace type thing
(it's
> got you down and sucking you dry - no save) OR make it a d2 or d4 Con
drain
> dependent on a successful bite attack.

If I remember correctly, in Classic Deadlands, a vampire can latch on if he
scores a hit with a raise.  At this point, the PC takes wind damage.  Once
the victim hits zero wind, they die and rise as a new nosferatu in 1d6
hours. Considering that the average character has 12 - 16 wind, this is very
deadly.

Therefore, the stat drain would be very close to the original mechanics,
since they just bypass your HP/Wounds.