RE: [DL] Props Questions

>We have been using an old Brass Spitoon as the fate pot. I have been
>toying around with using some dummy Colt .45 bullets as fate chips.  I
>have standard brass as the white, nickle as reds, and I'm trying to get
>my hands on some antique copper casings for the blues.  Legends I'm
>undecided on how to do them.  But other wise we have the standard
>Bibles, Book of Hoyle, Kepis, and the like.

We use a brass spittoon too.  I really like it because the design means you
don't have to hold it in an awkward position so you don't see what you're
drawing.  Plus the 'ting' when someone tosses a chip in sounds cool.

We've got Texas Ranger badges for the Marshals and occasionally use a period
set of cards for Hucksters or Mads (the cards aren't numbered, so it can
slow things down a bit if used for the action deck).

I did use a replica .45 once for the sound effect of the characters hearing
it cocked in the darkness.

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."