RE: [DL] Maybe I missed something... or: Stupid Noob question

You're probably looking for an explanation. Unfortunately I don't have the
original text but if memory serves here's basically what it did:

When drawn by the Marshal it acts as a Legend chip for an NPC who's working
against the posse. Once used it's removed from play.
When drawn by one of the heroes it represents a sh*t sandwich the player
will have to take a bite of sometime in the adventure. It remains in play
until the Marshal comes up with a suitably fiendish occurance of bad luck.
Just like when the Marshal draws it, once activated the chip is removed from
play.

Whenever the posse really louses up an adventure a black chip _may_ be
tossed into the pot where it stays until drawn. The circumstances under
which a black chip is warranted varies from group to group. In general
whenever the posse members' actions or inactions make things worse a chip
may be warranted Marshal's discression. Basically whenever the heroes don't
act like heroes and begin acting as agents of the Reckoners let 'em have it
with a chip.

Hope you found this useful.

Happi trailz,

--