Re: [DL] Mad Science Arcane background.

> that's powerful shit. But you can encourage them to
> make lesser devices... the hand isn't really that high
> to make the quadruple barreled shotgun out of Phantasm
> II (...at least I think it was 2) and just imagine how
> much your parties gun bunnies would be drooling at the
> chance to apply 4 seperate 2d6+4d6 attacks to some
> poor innocent defenseless zombie who only wants a
> little love... and brains of course.

Hell, I don't even know if I'd require being a Mad to make that. All
Reggie did was basically saw off two shotguns and bind them together
with a strip of metal that he welded (I think) together. I think he
rigged up a common trigger mechanism so he could unleash 4 barrels of
hot justice upon the zombie dwarves and/or spheres, but I'm not sure.
For a Mad, I'd probably consider it to be a TN 5 device. Just watch
Phantasm 2 and take a look at the stuff they rig up, like the
quad-barrel shotgun and the flamethrower they cobbled together from
propane tanks. It's only the far-out stuff  they really need to sweat
over.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times