Re: [DL] linking skills

I setup a house rule for linked skills in my game.

At character creation, linking a skill costs 3 (character) points.

During game, adding a new skill to a linked set costs half the (bounty)
points it would have cost to raise the new skill by itself to the same level
and the existing skill.  For example, if you have Shootin':Pistol and
Shootin':Rifle linked and at level 4, and you wanted to add
Shootin':Automatics the math is (1 + 2 + 3 + 4) / 2 = 5 points to link in
the new skill.

During game, raising a linked set of skills to a new level costs the
(bounty) points of raising the single skill plus 1 for each linked skill.
For example, you've got Shootin':Pistol, Rifle, and Automatics linked at
level 4.  You want to take the set to level 5, it will cost (5 + 1 + 1) = 7
points.  To go to level 6 it would cost (6 + 1 + 1) * 2 = 16 points, since
levels above 5 cost double.

This has worked well for us.  It's cheaper than non-linked skills, but takes
into account how many skills you've linked, and how high you've taken them
when adding new skills.

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang