Re: [DL] Why do people grumble about deadlands d20?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Dixon" <balance@tubas.net>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [DL] Why do people grumble about deadlands d20?

> On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 12:28  PM, David R Goecke wrote:
> > "There can only be one" right? He killed all the immortals right? he
> > become some super cool demi god right? How is there a second movie? I
> > don't get it! Did someone hit the big reset button in the sky?
> >
> > I've never seen it and i don't beleive I will.
>
> ..And why do they keep making sequels to Final Fantasy? Not very final,
> was it?

Ok, the history of Final Fantasy.  Back in 1988, Square was in serious
financial difficulty.  They decided to put all their remaining resources
into one last, epic game.  This game was called Final Fantasy, because they
expected it to be the last game that the company released.  When the game
was a tremendous success, the company went ahead and turned it to a series.

And, technically, none of the FF games is a sequel.  Not once does the story
of one game carry over into the next.  Each game has it's own stand alone
storyline.