Re: [DL] Deadlands Frag

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 12:41  PM, John Vogel wrote:

> Anybody here ever played Deadlands Frag?  I have never
> played even regular frag, but have heard that it is
> fun and fast moving.

I've played it. It's a fun little boardgame, a good way to occupy the
early posse while you wait for the stragglers, I think.

> Does it convert well to/from regular deadlands
> and/orDLD20?  I would like something a little faster
> moving in combat that the regular D20 system, and
> might like to try this game out.
> Any thoughts?

Linking it to Deadlands the RPG would be difficult. It's just a
different kind of game. Deadlands (D20, Classic, Gurps) is an RPG,
whereas Deadlands Frag is a boardgame that simulates a first person
shooter video game that happens to be running a Deadlands mod.

It's competitive, with no GM/Referee/Marshall really and intentionally
takes on both the frantic nature and memes of the hard core
Quake/Halflife/etc. gamers. For example, scoring a kill gets you a card
that amy allow you to hack the game, use lag as a weapon, etc.