RE: [DL] has anybody done the martial artist or voodoist for d20?

Hey Allen,

I appreciate your insights, always have, but I gotta disagree. A shot to the
head is a "killing blow" something a system with hp's doesn't represent
well. Sorry d20 afficionados, sometimes the truth hurts but just remember
Uncle Joseph loves Deadlands fans of all stripes. The only way a character
receives a killing blow is when he's the victim of a coup de grace or is
reduced to -10 hp. Either way he's pushing up daisies unless extreme
measures are employed. A coup de grace is very likely to punch a character's
ticket that's why delivering one is a full round action in d20. Delivering
one also draws an attack of opportunity. Unless the coup de grace attack is
somehow thwarted it automatically hits and causes a critical hit. The total
damage is then added to 10 to derive the DC of the Fortitude save. If
unsuccessful, remember the character is taking like 4d6 from a standard
pistol round, that means the character has to make a DC 24 Fort save just to
survive the attack.

Another way to think of it this way: a character in DL classic has fate
chips with which he can spend to buy off wounds. In DL d20 he has hit points
which aren't so much a measure of damage resistance but rather the ability
to ignore injuries and pain and continue functioning.

Those of you itching to up the reality level of their games are free to
contact me off-list. As Marshal Stoner can testify I'm more than willing to
share with other DL fans.

Happi Turki Dai

--
Joseph C. Wolf