Re: [DL] You have to pay to play

  --- Clint Black <cblack@ohtinc.com> wrote: > > > If you aren't a
marshall, you may want to skip this
> > one...

> > > So, any ideas for a suitably creepy entrance fee to a
> > demonic poker
> > > game.
>
> A memory.  A single, pure memory of happiness.  Any human
> (good or evil) entrant has to make that sacrifice to get
> into the game.

I like the creepiness of this idea - however I'd not neccessarily make
it a happy memory.  I'd make it just a memory then the Marshal knows
what it is and can have endless fun having strangers react to the
character on occasion for some unknown reason.  This would make it
something that could be return to haunt the character and provide a
nice NPC interaction to insert into the game at times without it having
a major impact on the story except to unsettle the character and add a
little bit of creepiness into the game.  I'd also never tell the player
what the memory they lost was - but I'd possibly drop some hints during
these interactions to give them some idea as to it's nature.  You could
possibly have it become an adventure later on as the character has to
return to their roots to discover the truth.

Plus there is nothing to stop the stake being a memory and part of your
soul - or maybe the memory is lost due to the removal of part of the
characters soul - they've literally taken a piece of him!

Cheers

Roy