Re: [DL] New Core Class: The Shootist d20?

You know, thinking on this and the two prestige
classes on Way o' the Huckster, I think Shootist might
make a better Huckster prestige class than a core
class.

Reason being that you can make a Huckster character
focus on their gunslinging abilities as they work
towards being a Shootist. I can't see a new hero going
out and sling bullets and magic because it would take
a considerable amount of time to master either. That
said, the Shootist would be like a "refined" Huckster
who has honed his hexes in a particular direction kind
of like the prestige classes in WotH (no spoilers for
you player varmints).

My two cents of course.

Fred J.

--- "cnc80@shaw.ca" <cnc80@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Kevin L Stoner wrote:
>
> >Just so you know, The shootist spells were covered
> in d20
> >Texas Rangers. And after speaking with Mr.
> McGlothlin
> >personally on the issue, I have to agree that the
> shootist
> >should be treated as a huckster specializing in
> guns. The
> >class you designed is really really powerful. I
> would at very
> >least tone it down a bit. They are powerful and not
> so
> >common, thus reflecting the experience load a dual
> class puts
> >on them. And it gives them the ability to focus
> more on magic
> >or blastin. For instance in my deadlands game the
> Shootist is
> >a 4th level Huckster and a 6th level Gunslinger.
> Thus he has
> >very small magic with very high to-hit bonuses. So
> having
> >personally field tested the shootist, I prefer it
> that way.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >Kevin Stoner
> >

> >To unsubscribe, send a message to
> esquire@gamerz.net with
> >as the BODY of the message.  The SUBJECT is
> ignored.
> >

> I think I need to explain why I created this Core
> Class.
>

> Spoilers I guess (not sure if I need one though).
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>     I picked up Lonestar as one of the few split
> stack books, written in
> the deadlands tradition.
>

>     When I read the Shootist, I liked what I saw.
> [...]

=====
Fred Jandt
Freelance author, designer, guru
Moderator New Gamers Order mailing list