[DL] Small Move forward on Deadlands Movie? [Shane]

Got this from Comics Continuum.com.  Note that first-look deals often
don't
Go beyond the look stage, but still.... Shane, care to comment?

GILMORE LAUNCHES ILLUIMNATI ENTERTAINMENT
Illuminati Entertainment -- a management and production company focusing
on clients with backgrounds in comic books and video games -- has
launched.

Illuminati founder Ford Lytle Gilmore is a producer and the former vice
president of development at Goodman/Rosen Productions, where he worked
on licensed properties, including video-game franchises Crazy Taxi and
Perfect Dark.

While under a first-look producing deal with Goodman/Rosen, Gilmore
set-up projects including a television series based on Image Comics'
Noble Causes, and a feature based on the horror/western game DEADLANDS
with Artists Production Group and producer David Permut. He had garnered
the first-look deal after delivering video games such as Atari's Area
51, which the company set up at New Line Cinema with producer Steve
Tisch.

In addition to his successful track record as a producer and development
executive, Gilmore has been writing comic books professionally since
high school. His most recent work is Thundercats at WildStorm
Productions.

"Illuminati Entertainment grew out of the convergence of comics, games,
film and television," Gilmore said. "Our clients are the creators behind
some of the best-selling and most innovative properties on the market.
While a big part of our business involves representing the titles
they've created, our concentration isn't just on established properties
-- it's on building new brands and franchises that can then crossover
into comics, games and toys. As Hollywood's appetite for comics and
video games continually grows, I envision more companies like Illuminati
Entertainment emerging as the next logical step in our industry's
evolution."

Talent signed to Illuminati includes Dave Johnson, Phil Noto, Howard
Chaykin, J.G. Jones, Tomm Coker and Steve Lieber.