Re: [DL] Anasazi Question - SPOILER!

No 'possible' here. It IS a spoiler. See below.

----- Original Message -----
From: Luke McCampbell <wolfgray@mac.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 12:03 AM
Subject: [DL] Anasazi Question

> Possible Spoiler:

> In the campaign book 'Canyon of Doom', the Anasazi are mentioned a
> number of times, what specifically caught my eye was the reference to
> the seven cities of gold.
> Are the Anasazi mentioned in a previous deadlands source, or are they
> only mentioned here?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance
> Luke McCampbell
> wolfgray@mac.com

The D20 book 'Way of the Brave' has some background material about them,
mostly that they were powerful sorcerers. They reigned over the seven cities
of Cibola and guarded the Fountain of Youth. The last Anasazi sorcerers
actually took over the body of some consquistadores and perpetuated
themselves that way. One of them, Francisco Coronado, was tracked down by
Raven just before he made his trip to the Hunting Grounds to kill the Old
Ones. Raven forced him to reveal the location of the Fountain of Youth,
which Raven has been using ever since to maintain his youth. Coronado now
guards the Fountain against all intruders, hoping that one day he'll be able
to use it to bring back the glory of Cibola.

That's about it in a nutshell...

-P-A