Re: [DL] Civil War Banned from Knox County Schools

*sigh*  This whole thing is a load of crap.  The Civil War is a vital period
in American History.  It changed things for the North AND the South..whether
those changes were all positive I don't feel qualified to say, but they DID
happen.

I hate to say it...but it's possible that whoever buys the books in Knox
County either a) doesn't feel there's an accurate history of the War
available, since "history is written by the victors", or b) doesn't want the
generation of today to know that their ancestors were involved in something
aweful.

It reminds me of how one of MY History teachers covered the Western
Expansion...but somehow overlooked the massacre and betrayal of the Native
American people.  The Truth is no longer in our schools, no matter where we
live it seems.  I guess we all just have to go out and ask the right
questions on our own.

Marshall "Red Hand" Roxi

"Misdirection? Insurrection!/ Keep asking the right questions/ for Truth's
the antibody/ for society's infection..."