Re: [DL] Civil War Banned from Knox County Schools

>It turns out that the year after I get out of my county's school >system,
>they bought new U.S. history textbooks.  They had no >information on the
>Civil War.  In addition, I've learned from my >friends still attending that
>in place of civil war history, they're >teaching 9/11 stuff.

Maybe its a local thing.  I have to buddies that teach High School history
and both of them teach the Civil war.  Although one of them teachs a
remidial class.  His students thought the Civil War was fought between North
America and South America. :)

Dan