Re: [DL] Too much information?

When it comes to my games I let my players run their own money. We'll
roleplay the hagglin in the store. They keep track of their resources on
paper and it has worked fine.
However, with DL we've not been so deligent in keeping track of our funds.
It really hasn't bothered me. I have three character who's taken Dinero at
5. That's why we are going to a Lifestyle rating. Living Thrifty to
Extravagent. Each level costs a set amount before each month. Then the
character has access to equipment within their lifestyle. And will have to
keep track of their money seperately for larger puchases.
I also have them make occupation rolls for down time of more than 2 weeks.
Then based upon the roll they can get some good stuff.
As for clothes, I will ask what the character is wearing when they head to
the saloon or social occasions. We assume a character has a few changes of
workin clothes and one good set. Then of course when the action happens they
always tend to have to get a new set of clothes. One time some many things
were happening the character started an account and a standing order with a
store for clothing replacement.

I am a long time playing of Harn. That GM has gone to a ton of yard sales
and literly puchased over a thousand poker chips. All shapes and sizes. Then
he divides them into different monetary value. Now all players carry their
coin in bags. It's something I would never do, but is fun cause there have
been times when my thief didn't have enough to get by so when the player was
getting a soda I would 'borrow' a few from their bag. The GM totally
allowed, and nobody ever caught on.
We also had a kitty we would donate to for tolls, rooms, etc. Well of course
after my thief got his cut from it. Which took a little convincing of the
bard who was in charge of the kitty. But hey, you have to have a project.