Re: [DL] Last Union Widow dies (a mite OT)

At 06:33 PM 1/20/2003, Mr. Daniel Gwyn wrote:
>Hi,
>     There was a news report today that the last surviving widow of a
> Union veteran of the Civil War died recently.  It kind of makes you think.

         I had absolutely nothing to do with it!:-)

>  The report also said that there still was a Confederate widow around.

         Yes, indeed there is. She is the highlight of any SCV gathering.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Fellow, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_