Re: [DL] Shamens

--- Ian Pinkett <Ian.Pinkett@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Just thought we could take a break from the great
> unsubscribe debate of 2003 to see if anyone can
> answer a question on rituals and favors.

Gladly; thanks for the on topic post.

> Am I right in thinking that for evry success on a
> ritual role you get that many appeasement points. So

> if I role 4 d 10 and got 2 success and 2 additional
> raises I would get 4 X the appeasement points for
> the ritual.

Not quite.  First off, remember that no matter how
many dice you roll, you only take the single highest
result.  So on that 4d10, if you rolled a 2, a 5, a 7,
and a 12, you keep the 12.

Next, not all Rituals grant you additional appeasment
for raises.  War Cry, in particular, only ever grants
1 appeasment.  You'll need to check the description of
each for what raises do for you.  I think Spirit
Warrior, as an example, gives you additional
appeasment for raises.  Given the sample roll above
and a target number of 5 (not always safe; most of the
Rituals have different or variable target numbers),
you'd generate 1 point of appeasment for the success,
and an additional point of appeasment for the raise,
for a total of two appeasment earned.

And remember, the appeasment only multiplies when
SPENT on favored way Favors.  When you GENERATE
appeasment, it doesn't matter.  Again, though, keep in
mind some Rituals dictate the appeasment generated
from them ONLY be spent on Favors with a particular
path.  Again, War Cry is an example; you can only use
the single point of appeasment it generates on a War
Medicine Favor.

Marguerite