[DL][OT] Junkyard Wars - Flight of the Century

I caught this two-hour episode last night, and WOW!

It's one of their 20-hour challenges, where three teams (one American, one British, one French) try to build a working, 1900s-era airplane (that's the time of the Wright Brothers, btw) out of scrap materials available in the 1900s, using 1900s-era tools (i.e. mostly hand tools or very bulky, primitive power tools).

Every episode is fun to watch, but I highly recommend the second hour. Watching them try out their results was amazing.

The reason I mention this is that they're replaying it on Wednesday on The Learning Channel. You really should try to catch it.

Derek D. Bass
Etheric Musings - The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://www.steamenginechaos.com/mage/ether.htm
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup