[DL] Re: Chinese Mummies

I wondered what you were about with these Chinese
mummies as I could not think of any, the best I could
do was the imperial corpses totally encased in jade
'armour'. Then when someone mentioned desert it
clicked. The mummies of the Taklamakan desert. These
are not proper ritually mummified bodies but
dehydrated corpses preserved in the dry desert sands.
Interstingly some of them seem to be quite western in
appearance (shades of Kennewick Man and in turn
Piper's Aryan-Transpacific stories) but this place has
seen a lot of traffic over the centuries and has
several known ruined cites which died as the water
failed.

I am not really sure how to connect this to Deadlnads
unless one makes a trip to the Middle Kingdom though
the idea of a Jade encased royal zombie is quite fun.

Michael