Re: [DL] rules questions

> b) does the hand-to-hand weapon's defence bonus (for a sword, say) help
> only for making it harder for the wielder to be hit, or does it also
> give the wielder a bonus to the attack roll?  The chart seems to
> indicate the latter, but maybe its a typo/

It's what the name says- a defensive bonus. It does nothing for attacking.
It simply adds that much to the attacker's to-hit roll.

> c) does the winchester '76 4d8+2 damage mean, roll 4d8, and add 2 to the
> total, or roll 4d8, adding 2 to each d8?

Roll the dice then add 2.

> e) If I hit someone with a spear, and get an ace on the spear's 2d6
> damage, does that mean I roll another d6, as I would with firearms
> damage, and as I would for the strength dice of the hand-to-hand damage?

Yep. When rolling Strength, though, make sure you only take the highest die
on the Strength check just like you would if you were rollng it to, say,
open a stuck door. Then add that that to the spear's totaled 2d6 roll.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times