RE: [DL] Fudging

>> >Spoiler space.

>> Fudge after the fact.  This character spent a lot of Fate Chips in an
area
>> where the boundary between the real world and the Hunting Ground was
weak.
>> Make that have an effect on her.  If you really want to make the player
feel
>> unique, give her something entirely new.  She probably dependent on her
guns
>> and equipment more than anyone else.  Make her a Tech Spirit Channeler.
She
>> can channel Tech Spirits to enhance her equipment.  Give her a skill
>> Channeling and maybe use a few of the Shootist/Metal Mage abilities as
her
>> talents.
>
>Tech spirits? Is this a HoE thing, or something in a book i've yet to read?

Yep, from HOE.  They don't have much power in the old West because they have
to stay tied to the objects they are linked to.  Nature Spirits hate them
and kick their butt if they show their "face."  But if this character could
"channel" them through their object, she could use a part of their power.  I
would say, however, that any Shaman trying to use a beneficial favor on her
would have their TN increased.

Anyway, she'd have a completely unique ability in the Weird West, though not
overpowering if you're careful with it.

>I've been given a *vast* collection of books, but haven't absorbed the lot
>yet.

<laugh>  There's a lot to absorb.

>> This can make her the center of attention for the other characters as
well.
>> The next Hex the huckster casts, he sees her translucent form in the
Hunting
>> Grounds (she's linked to it).  The Blessed won't sense any evil spirits
or
>> divine link around her, and so will have to wonder where her powers come
>> from.  The Mad Scientist will possibly grow to love her if you add in an
>> ability that allows a second roll for malfunction on any device within a
>> certain distance of her (say 5 feet per Channeling level).
>
>that sounds like a nice little ability, especially if i don't tell anyone
>she's got it.

Exactly!  Use her new AB as a role-playing opportunity.  Let the characters
try to figure out what's going on.  By Jove, I think he's got it!  :)

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."