Re: [DL] general rules questions (longish)

At 02:38 AM 3/21/2003 -0600, you wrote:
hi, i'm new to the deadlands scene, and rpgs as well.  i'm not even sure if i'm using the right mailing address to get my questions on the list.  i'm trying to wrap my mind around the rules and it seems almost impossible.  so much to keep track of.  i have a few specific questions at this time though concerning the player's handbook.

Dear Robert,

Welcome to the list.  Others have already covered your questions but I wanted to address your concern -- "So much to keep track of" -- as you say you are new to RPGs in general.  Don't sweat it.  You'll get the hang of it.  Just remember that you will make mistakes along the way.  If you don't panic, your players won't either.  Just remember to be fair to them and to let them know when you've made a mistake, explain (briefly) how it happened, and then explain how the rule is supposed to work.  They'll respect you for being man enough to admit your mistake and are likely to be grateful for the explanation.

Take care and good luck.

Matt