Re: [DL] Choo-Choo?

As I live in Salt Lake I can give you an idea.

SLC to Denver by road is 530 miles and at 55 miles an hour is about 12
hours give or take a bit. This includes fueling stops etc.

Rail trips of the period were probably in the range of 24 hours of
continuous travel time.  2 days with the usual fuel and water stops as well
as to pick up passengers etc would probably be about right. From SLC you'd
travel north to Ogden and then take the grade over the Wasatch mountains.

Friend of my family is the Utah state historian in charge of railroad and
ghost town history. He has a couple books on ghost rails and ghost towns.
I'll see about getting ahold of them. Might be of use to some of you.

Hope that this helps.