[DL] re: John Wayne?

In my campaign, John Wayne has inspired a sort of "mythic avatar" of the
spirit of the old West.  Sort of the "anti-Stone".  Try to use him as a npc
who can be the cavalry for the party if need be.  Trying to combine several
of his characters, I change the names to his other characters when using him
the next time.  So far, I've used the plot from "Big Jake", the name from
"The Cowboys" and another movie.  "Everbdoy's heard of Ranger Will Anderson,
even Yankees think well of him.  He risked his life to save some yankke
prisoners back in the War".  Just used him to help guide the party where I
wanted them to go (we have a history of NOT doing what needs/should be
done).  Didn't bother to stat him, no reason why the party would fight him.
Kind of symbolic that Eastwood, representing the "new" western would be the
model for Stone and using Wayne, the "old" style western, would the good
side.  Didn't intend for that, but hey, sometimes it just works..  :)

Butch

"Be magnanimous Judge, you might be a fiend yourself one day."  - Daffy Duck