Re: [DL] The Scart Table

Hi everybody,

If I get it right, your players are not investing in Guts and/or Spirit and
keep complaining that they want to stand up and fight every horror there is
with a smile on their face.

Some of my players have accumulated quite some phobias and one nearly died
because of a heart attack. But they are compensating, learning and what is
more important, improving their guts and spirit stats. Their characters are
developing from the average townspeople to some hardened veterans.

So, what are your players thinking? Don't they have to roll some dice to hit
that fleeing hombre? Sure they have. And because they know that, they have
probably high stats in shooting or whatever is their favourite aptitude. Why
aren't they willing to pay for the possibility to stand and fight that foul
abomination, either by increasing the stats or using chips?

What I want to say is, you shouldn't stick to your stats like a slave, but
the stats are what make your character tick. They give you skeleton to build
your character around. So if you build a week spirited one, don't expect him
to be the number one in line to stop the monster without shitting his pants.

Someone suggested it is best to creep the hell out of the players. I don't
know. I prefer it, if the players play out their characters because that's
what a "role-playing"-game is about in my opinion. If i can scare the
players in the process, its a nice bonus.

Now You can shoot me,

Yours sincerely,

Holger (lurking out of the shadows for the first time)