Re: [DL] Deadlands Props

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 03:57  AM, Peter King wrote:

> Ok so it sounds like a cheap plug... but one of our best props has
> been the marshals badge. Not because it looks incredible but everyone
> around the table just wants a chance at wearing the thing. It has
> inspired more gamerers to turn marshal than anything else I have > tried.

I've got the recent Pinnacle badge, and it pretty much always lives on
my dice bag.

I'm looking forward to hopefully buying a townhouse soon, so i can have
the actual 'gaming room' in some fashion. I want to, if possible,
decorate it with artifacts related to gaming in general, so as to
(hopefully) inspire myself and my posse. This short list is just stuff
I'll look for, not necessarily stuff I have (although i have some of
it):
     An old-style globe: (The sepia-toned, or failing that the old
school style)
     The Deadlands Bone-nanza poster.
     Old Maps: I love old maps, and would love to have some appropriate
art hanging on the walls.
     A few pointy objects, perhaps.
     Bookshelves. Lots of bookshelves. More bookshelves than i can
count, preferably.
     I already have a few good pics of my gamer friends that'll be
appropriate... A nice pic of everyone in costume at the MD ren fair
last year (Hey, they got me to wear a kilt, so it was certainly
memorable), and a nice sepia-toned shot from the 'costume' historic pic
of the entire group n wild west gear (a booth at Busch gardens)
     Movie posters and the like.

One thing is that I really want it to be a separate room from the
living room. I think having a designated room will encourage better
gaming from everyone... Keep the PS2 out of the room, get enough
seating for everybody (we currently have to share seats such that
someone ends up sitting on an ottoman).

And as for fate chips... I currently use a Baja Fresh cup. Need to work
on replacing that...