Re: [DL] Stranded in Arkansas

ok dude here it is,

the basic layout of the state is pretty simple, at that time period and
today, the northern part of the state down to the capital, which would be
little rock, is of the ozark mountains/hills/plateau and its cold in the
winter a wet nasty cold that a friend of mine who moved here said was worse
than when he lived in Alaska, but he may just be a puss.  and in the summer
its hot and humid, melt your balls in your pants type of weather.  in the
spring and fall we have about three days of survivable weather.  from little
rock south and i am not shitting you here, all of a sudden it turns into
flatlands, they might roll a little but the sheer altitude drop from the
mountains to the plain is astounding. we were coming out of the moutains one
day when we came to a huge outlook overlooking whichever city we were headed
to at the time, i forget which, and i could see the humidity hanging over
the place.  so it was about five times worse there than it was in the
ozarks.  now the state itself was infected with some kind of spiritual
magnet because it slowly drains the will to live right out of you, and if
for some reason you escape, everything can be going great, then bang the
cold cruel hand of arkansas drags you back in taking everything that you
gained when you left.  trust me i have seen it happen time and again. as for
historical data, don't have the room, but the state in the 1800's was
scarcely populated, really scarcely, made up of mostly farmers. the state
has had wealthy people but most were just getting by. there are books on the
subject if you really want to know.  one historical black mark that arkansas
has is its racial division, you might try working on that and if that's not
it we have a wonderful reputation for incest that you can run with.  and
deliverance is a great movie to base something off of.

check out books on the history look at the local library or britanica.com or
something as for folklore i have lived in the ozarks all of my life and i
have not heard of any. that would be 25 years of not hearing anything, sorry
happy hunting.