Re: [DL] Game Fest (Shane)

On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 01:51  AM, David R Goecke wrote:

> Gen-Con has abandoned Milwaukee leaving those of us locals who  can
> only
> afford one day and a short trip with out many options for a gamer
> convention. However it appears that Game Workshop is hosting a Con here
> on the first weekend of August. It's too close to Gen-Con and has me
> nervous as to how it's going to do. Anyone planning on attending? We
> could all get together somewhere (maybe somewhere a little simpler than
> John Hawkes...)
>
> is there going to be any PEG representation there besides the Milwaukee
> based fans?

Games Workshop events are, AFAIK, very miniatures oriented.

There's an unrelated group doing some GaesFest events that are more
RPG'ish, I think... I'm looking at attending the Richmond convention in
September, and may even run, althiugh i'ma  bit nervous about running a
game at what is my first game convention...