Re: [DL] Cyrus Harding

I'm not up on Actors much, but the charaters are:

Allan Quartermain:
Comic Version: A aged shadow of his former self.
Movie Version: Looks like Sean connery playing the role as if Quartermain
was still in the prime of his life.

Captian Nemo:
Comic version: Real spooky guy.
Movie version: Havent seen much of it, but the pictures remind me more of
the Blue Rajah.

Mina Harker:
Comic version: A strong proper woman with no supernatural power in charge
of a bunch of living legends and monsters, and pulling it off with no
more then self-confindence.
Movie version: A drooling Wuxia vampiress with no leadership roll.

The invisible man:
Comic version: A truly villianous charater who take advantage of his
powers to be no more then a rapist of underage girls.
Movie version: Haven't heard anything.

Doctor Jeckel(sp?)and Mr. Hyde.
Comic version: Takes the idea that Hyde is the shrunken sub-human version
of the wimpy Jeckel and then makes Hyde in to a towering giant as his
side of the personality gains dominace.
Movie Version: Look like they decided to wimp out and go with a CGI Hyde.

Movie is also supposed to have Dorian Gray and Tom Sawyer.

A earlier incarnation of the League consisted of Fanny Hill, Natty Bumpo
(sp?), the Scarlet Pimpernel, and the Scarecrow.

A even earlier version was supposed to consist of Prospero, Aerial,
Caliban and John Christan.