[DL] Two Questions...if you count poorly

Hi all!

Did my local book store a favor and relieved them of 5 DL products the
other day.  I now own more Deadlands than I'll probably ever get to
use.  Been reading through and cognating in preperation for a
campaign.  [Note: see previous statement about getting to use it]

Some questions.

1)  It seems like there's primarily one way to win a gunfight, at least of
the good old fashioned duel at high noon variety.  Standard combat you can
win by being tougher or faster or more accurate or....But I'm getting the
feeling that every PC (and most NPC's) who wants to be a serious gunfighter
will have at least 90% identical stats, especially among Edges and
Traits.  Do you find this?

On a related note, duels seem somewhat...non-lethal.  Painful, yes, but do
you get a lot of draw-shoot-die fights, or do they wind up going into
combat rounds?

2)  Do Hucksters get the raw deal it looks like they do?  I mean, first you
have to roll well, then you have to draw a good poker hand, then you have
to roll all the other variables.  It seems like a bit of double jeapordy to
me.  Is this just a case of "the spells are really just that powerful when
they do get off, so we balanced it by making them hard to use", or is it
easier to get a hex off than I'm thinking?

For that matter, what about Shamans?  Seems like even the simplest Favor
requires hours of work or major damage to self.

3)  I'm very interested in the WW-HoE-LC world storyline.  I have the Heart
of Darkness trilogy for the Weird West; beyond that, what books and
adventures should I be looking for to get the whole story?

Thanks!