RE: [DL] question about pistols and speed

If you stick with only what's been published in a book with an orange cover,
then the rule is single action pistols fire once a card, or can be fanned
(and fanning is merely an particular way to use your shootin' skill, it is
no longer a separate skill of it's own) while double action pistols can be
fired twice per card.

I use a house rule that borrows from Hell On Earth (green covered books) --
double action pistols can be Double-Tapped.  This basically means you can
either fire once per card with a double action pistol, or you can use a
double action like a poor-man's gatling with a rate of fire of 2 -- you roll
shootin' once, and if you score a normal hit then one bullet hits, if you
get a raise then the second hits too.

I also apply a penalty of 1 to the shootin' roll when double tapping a
revolver, the mechanism is just heavier to pull than a semi-auto's.

May all your zombies shoot straight,
Jeff Y.