[DL] Prizes for con games?

> I think it is more important to provide prizes for the players at a
> convention instead of the marshals. A player trying Deadlands for the first
> time and getting a cheap prize would be more likely to look at the game
> system. Lets face it, most marshals esp. those that would volunteer their
> time at a convention own just about everything for the game.

Also, a poster or e.g. official DL dice for the game would make a nice
touch.

I've run con games for ages now, but our convention culture differs from
the american one and the cons tend to be less commercially aligned.

I have had stuff from Columbia Games (among others) for use during the
convention game (things like a map, some flyers and ads, etc), but never
prizes.

How do they give out the prizes after the game, and what are they usually?
It's not like nobody wins an rpg, and to give prizes to the last man
standing or something is just stupid and can cause bad feelings.

---Hulkin' Finn