[DL] Deadlands gets on TLC!

My wife really gets into the shows on the TLC network (especially
Trading Spaces).  Saturday night, I was setting up the new tent in the
living room so our kids could do an 'inside campout'.  There was a new
show on call "Clean Sweep".  In this show, a crew comes in to a couple
who they consider pack racks and helps them toss out stuff and
reorganize.  Boring stuff.  I partially caught the episode while setting
up the tent.

Anyway, in this first episode, the husband and wife each got to pick
something of the other's that they wanted to get rid of, but the spouse
wanted to keep.  The husband picked some ugly jewelery box his wife
owned.  His wife, however, wanted to get rid of her husband's Deadlands
Player's Book!!!  Doh!!!!  I get the impression that she was just one of
those spouses that hated gamers and the fact that her husband was one.
Dirty, rotten, #$%!*!

So the host of the show put each product on a pedestal and had the
husband and wife go at a competition at their yard sale...whoever sold
the most got to keep their item.  I quickly got on the phone to call my
Deadlands gaming group so we could cheer the guy on.  Alas, in the
end...he didn't win, and he lost his Deadlands Player's Book.

We all decided that if he was a real man, he better had told his wife
who wore the pants and went to the local game store and got another copy
when the cameras left, or at least secretly bought himself another one.
:-)
Anyway, it was nice to see Deadlands get some network television face
time, even if they only went to the book a few times.

If anyone is bored and wants to catch it, it is on again at 6:00pm ET
the 19th and 3:00pm ET on the 20th.
http://tlc.discovery.com/schedule/series.jsp?series=54644&gid=11384&channel=TLC
  and the episode is called "Junk Sent Packing".

- Steve Bartell