Re: [DL] Shortcircuiting Adventures (Was Wives and Stuff)

--- PEGShane@aol.com wrote:
> Good stuff. Burning the house down in Cthulu always
> seems to be the way to go. That and dynamite. ;)

You forgot to burn all the books!  Always burn the
books in Cthulhu, preferably FIRST!

The very best Cthulhu adventure I ever played happened
4th of July weekend.  Zach and I met one of his old
friends who was going to Chico at Zach's family's
cabin in Chester, a little town near Mt. Shasta.  No
electricity, no running water, miles and miles from
anywhere.  That night to a roaring fire Zach spun the
tale of our group of characters, abandoned on the side
of a road when our bus broke down.  Matt played a
preacher, I was a Miskitonic University grad student
sent on an errand, and Matt's friend (who's name
escapes me now) played a painter.  A CREEY painter.  A
painter who's paintings showed you much more than you
ever wanted to see.

When we found an abandoned house to hole up in for the
night, the painter set up a series of bear traps all
around the house to catch "subjects" for his
paintings.  At one point Matt's preacher was on the
roof trying to investigate something, and fell off the
roof.  Zach rolled some dice, and told us Matt had
avoided landing on a trap.  Matt responded, "Whew!"
and started walking towards the house.  SNAP!

Marguerite

=====
Alea Iacta Est!