[DL] Perdition's Daughter (or OOPS...I didn't MEAN to put a flying claw in your head, mister!)

(Spoilers for Perdition's Daughter, so non-Marshall's be warned!)

SO...

Running session 4 of my game Monday night, when we get to the big climax...a
stacked Huckster extra I had provided for backup for the posse had to be
whacked by them during the Church of the Holy Flame's ambush when a manitou
possessed him for the second straight time, and this time the Soulblasts
were making it likely that someone wasn't walking away.

Rev. Owlsley wasted the Huckster with a wicked club shot that removed his
head, so the posse was down to three (two PCs and one extra), heading into
the big battle with Cynthia Carstairs and Edgar DuChamp.

Well, Owlsley charges the congregation as written...and DuChamp goes for his
gun...but Jubei, our friendly martial artist monk, dashed down as fast as he
could, enacting the Flying Claw power...and rolled, modifying the location
up to a head shot...first actual attack of the fight...the damage is INSANE,
and I can't chip it down without wiping out all the chips for Carstairs,
too...so the claw drives straight through the skull of DuChamps, dropping
the gunslinger with the first attack.

Did I mention the Martial Artist is a pacifist (the "Will Fight, Wont'
Kill...Much" kind)?

With  "The Cup Runneth Over"?  (Or whichever it is that means his Ch'i is
BURSTING out of his body)

A tad disappointed, an idea (SO simple) struck me at work...

Karma.

The pacifist went for the killing shot, right off...

And DuChamps bit it...DuChamps, a history of serving evil...got killed by a
Ch'i enhanced weapon in the hands of a pacifist monk disregarding his own
world views...

Harrowed, anyone?

And they didn't bother to do anything with the bodies of DuChamp and
Carstairs, soooooo...I'm thinkin' ol' Edgar got a Christmas present of the
Manitou variety...and our Martial Artist will learn to restrain
himself...like our Randy trophy hunter is about to, when he runs afoul of
his first Succubus...*evil laughs*

Tommy