From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of David L. Hoff
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 12:14 AM
To: Deadlands
Subject: [DL] Texas Ranger vs a Blessed chaplain

Greetings all--

I have a bit of a problem. I have a group with a Texas Ranger in it, as
well as a Blessed member of the Confederate Chaplain Corps. They are in
the process of wrapping up the Worms! dime novel (I moved it from its
original location into part of Confederate territory). The Chaplain has
already indicated that he wants to tell the townspeople the Whole Truth
about what happened, and try and use Tale Telling to reduce the fear
level. The player of the Texas Ranger has asked me on the side if he
would be expected by his superiors to prevent the Chaplain from telling
the tale, up to and including "making him disappear". I personally think
that the Rangers seem to be more... forgiving than that, and that since
both groups probably work together on a semi regular basis, that this
situation would be something that comes up fairly often. I would think
that the Ranger may be expected to try and tell the Chaplain that it's a
bad idea, or maybe scold the Chaplain after the fact for telling the
true story, but that the Ranger wouldn't use any extreme methods to
prevent the Chaplain from telling the tale. However, I would like some
other opinions on this. Should the Texas Ranger policy of trying to
prevent stories from getting out supercede  the Chaplain who wants to do
the Lord's work? Or would the Chaplain be expected to keep his mouth
shut and let the Ranger lie to the townsfolk? Any thoughts on this would
be appreciated.

--David L Hoff
dlhoff1@charter.net