[DL] Savage Deadlands RE: Savage Worlds..

I don't know what you people think, but I don't think that SW is too bad a
system. About the only real complaint I have is converting a character that
has been played every weekend for about nine months. I lost a lot of
skills, stats, edges and hindrances, and my powers have become weak and
puny. I think that if you're gonna play the system, start off with new
characters.

I don't either...BUT...I have no incentive to switch to a new system when me
and my group don't feel the old one is broken.

Savage Worlds is a great system. Our group got into it about two months ago and have played it very well. I ran a Classic DL game for a few months before and we converted. I handled the converstion myself as the Marshal and tried to keep the various power levels of the PC's as best I could. The best thing to do is to ignore anything in the beta conversion that doesn't make sense or that you feel uncomfortable with. I yanked out the power points and kept the card based rules for hucksters. I also reworked the Mad Scientists a great deal. None of us have any complaints so far. As for a Legend fading away. Hey, Shane gave us the ball, it's our turn to run with it.

Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free parking. http://shopping.msn.com