Re: [DL] Re: [Savage_Worlds] Re: Savage Deadlands

Ok here are my two cents, first sw does not suck, but i think the reason that everyone is so hot to trot about it is that it is so much faster and simpler than the classic system. which it was designed to be. That being said, sw pretty much boils down to deadlands for those that are challenged by the complicated nature of the original system, or dummies for short. not that is a bad thing there were times when the original system caused me to have a strong desire to drive to peg inc. and throttle shane. i just see sw as a more advance d20, feel free to disagree, great for combat cause it is so fast, my gm likes it cause he can whip up a big bad in about as long as it takes me to touch myself in my special no no place and make myself feel very happy, i just don't think it keeps the feel of the DL setting very well. i mean look at the original system, which i will be abbreviating as OS or CDL as i chose from hence forth, If you saw a group of players playing CDL you would see bunch of guy playing poker and rolling dice a whole lot. probably saying to yourself damn its a new kind of one eyed beer drunk texas draw that no one told me about. In the OS there were playing cards, poker chips and every dice under the sun. We should have been ice skating in hell before this system worked, we should have place it in the what the hell category right next to C.S. MaCraken's classic world of Cyni"umber-munchkin-ness"bar. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE WORKED !!!!!!!!! but it did and beautifully and captured the feel of the game perfectly. SW doesn't, i think it cant deal with certain arcane powers very well, mainly because of the mechanics that drive SW, and it seems to have been designed for the massive dungeon crawls you would find in D&D, which is fine, i have no problem converting D&D over to SW, I just don't like the SW system for the DL environment.

sincerely

W.B. Prescott

"gee mister blake what do we do now?"
"You go get a doctor."