Re: [DL] British Rifle

RedFox Whiteruff wrote:

Quick question... I have "The Great Weird North" and was set on making a
great white hunter type character based on the british soldier archetype.
Does anyone know where I can find the stats on the Martini-Henry rifle
listed in his gear? It's not in the 2e player's guide and I can't find it
in Law Dogs. Any help would be most appreciated. :)

It is in The Epitaph #2, in the Guns of the South. The Martini-Henry is a .45 caliber single shot breech loading rifle, with the bullets being special rounds that are incompatible with other .45s. It has a range increment of 25, and does 4d8 per shot. It can mount a bayonet. To compare it with the Snider/Enfield, the Snider/Enfield has the same range increment and does 1 more die of damage per shot. However, since the bullets for the Snider/Enfield are .58 caliber, they also cost more.

Hope this helps.

--David L. Hoff