Re: [DL] RE: deadlands-digest.20031205

--- "Phalen, Pat" <Pat.Phalen@infores.com> wrote:
> > i have
> >no problem converting D&D over to SW, I just don't
> like the SW system for
> >the DL environment.
>
> So don't.
> Nobody is holding a gun to your head, continue to
> play classic and be happy!
>
> Patrick

  How do you know that nobody is holding a gun to my
head?  Perhaps the voices in my head are saying
different things than the voices in your head, or
perhaps not.
  Really though to just say be happy with what you got
is a bit insulting and Shane has explained his
reasoning.  I respect him for that, but that doesn't
mean I have to be happy with the situation.
  However, I do and will deal with it as it where and
I understand that for many reasons the Classic
Deadlands is a dead line (no pun intended).
  There will always be a group of people do not like
change (I'm including myself in this category) for
many (legitmate) reasons.  Otherwise the term classic
would have no special meaning.  If SW or d20 is your
thing, then more power to you, but PLEASE don't tell
us that we have to be happy about it.
                                  Horace Black