[DL] Re: [Savage_Worlds] Digest Number 726

In a message dated 12/8/2003 10:27:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, skylionlj@hotmail.com writes:
*has* to be. Shane, I ain't gonna take you too the mat just for full color
pitchers, but *has* is a might big word. Why?
As Fred says later on, it has to be a deluxe, super-cool kinda item. That's for a couple of reasons.

1) It's what I want. I think DL--all modesty aside for one moment--is a very rare and special property. I won't go on too much about that as it'll come out as bragging, but I really believe it's ture and I want the last *big* release for it to be super special.

2) The computer game and hopefully the movie will *really* happen next year--I've had some great signs (but still nothing positive) and I want a book that's worthy of a whole bunch of new folks who might look at it.

3) If I do a "standard" re-release it's going to be seen as Deadlands D20, a third edition, etc. Nothing special, and orders will reflect it.

4) Plain old profit. I'll be able to print and sell more books if it's as beautiful as I think it will be. Check out the first preview later today on the web .. .

Thanks all!

Shanester